We had a cupcake party for Heidi! She is our little cupcake, so it suited her just perfectly ;). I had so much fun planning and decorating. Instead of a traditional cake, I ordered cupcakes to display and then made Heidi a giant cupcake cake from a mold. I also made her a cake applique shirt for her to wear with a matching headband. Her party Saturday was with Grandma and Grandpa Kruse. She loved her mermaid doll she got from them. She talked to her for quite some time, which was super cute. On Sunday, we had Granny, Papa, Great Granny & Papa, and Jennifer over. Heidi wasn't into opening presents very much until she got some fun toys from Granny and Papa, then she got more excited. She received a new baby doll and stroller from us since she loves Alyssa's so much (without fail, Heidi would go for Alyssa's baby dolls and stroller when in her room). Her face lit up when she saw the baby doll and she tried to hug/eat the box to get to her! It was really cute! I made special party hats for Heidi and Alyssa, unfortunately Alyssa was having a hard time and didn't want to wear hers or sing to Heidi for that matter :(. It's so funny because Alyssa sang Happy Birthday to Heidi everyday except for the official singing with everyone, then she just melted down and cried...I guess you never know with 3 year olds ;) plus it's just hard not being the center of attention ;). Although she did wear it briefly on Saturday. Heidi loved it when we sang "Happy Birthday" to her and at first she didn't know what to do with her cake! She touched it softly and then gradually started getting into the frosting and by the end she had the whole thing torn apart and smashed in her face! So fun! She managed to keep her party hat on for the entire cake-eating-smashing portion :). After we were all cleaned up from the cake, Heidi had a chance to play with her new toys. She LOVES her stroller and baby doll. She put that baby in the stroller and away she went, back and forth across the floor over and over and over again! She couldn't quite manage it from the handles, so she'd push it around from the front. I loved watching her skirt wiggle as she walked along, too cute! We all had a really fun time. Lots of wonderful memories ;)!
Love the mermaid :)
Gotta check these out!
Loving being held by Great Granny!
Hmmm, they're singing to me?! I'm ready for that cake!
Is this any good?
Ahhh, mission accomplished, the cake is destroyed ;)!



























They're so beautiful! Thanks for keeping in touch! I loved to see all the fun pics! Love you! Jenna
ReplyDeleteSuper cute! I can hardly believe Heidi is one already! It seems like she was just a little newborn being toted around to MBA events. I hope you're all doing well!
ReplyDeleteSo cute!! She has changed so much. Both your girls are darling, and always so well dressed. What a fun party! Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteThese girls are the cutest grandchildren on the planet. No bias here. Just the facts ;-)
ReplyDelete